Tabloid newspapers such as DailyMail, have reported that Prince was awake for 154 hours prior to his death.
Prince was hospitalized due to an overdose on high levels of painkiller Percocet a few days before his death, but that clashes with the new reports of his insomnia.
“We’re told Prince was taking painkillers for a hip problem,” the police site says. “We’re told he had corrective surgery for his hips around 2010”.
Prince, who has died at 57, was found in his estate.
The official autopsy has not been out yet, and according to the BBC “a post-mortem examination has been carried out on the body of US superstar Prince but officials warn it may take weeks for full results to be ready”.
The world mourned his death and payed a tribute through illuminated buildings from Las Vegas to Melbourne, Australia, that turned purple – the colour with which he was associated.
Musical tributes were also carried all over the world, and a live peek into those tributes was allowed through Snapchat.
Born Prince Rogers Nelson in 1958, he was a talented writer and musician, he wrote his first song when he was seven.
He also won an oscar for his song, Purple Rain, which was for the movie with the same name that he also starred in. He is also a seven-time Grammy winner.
The world will forever remember him and his music that touched the souls of millions.